Dil Dosti Etc...

Source: www.google.com
Meet Vijay 

There was a pit in my stomach as I was riding pillion on my friend’s bike. I was thinking about her. I am on my way to meet my ex-girlfriend. We broke up six months back. She called me yesterday and said that she wanted to meet up.

“Da, don’t be tensed, let’s see what she has to say, O.K.? She made your life miserable for six months. So do not even think about getting back together.” Vijay warned in a threatening tone.

We parked the bike near the Ice Cream parlour. She was standing next to it.


I was looking at Vijay with excitement and fear. He shook my hand and said, “Now, don’t even think about getting back with her!”

I nodded and walked towards her.

After 15 minutes, I came back with a big smile on my face.

He threw the Ice Cream he was eating and looked at me suspiciously “Don’t tell me that you got back with her!”

He smiled and punched me. “I am happy for you, da. But don’t mess it up again!”

That's Vijay. He is the matured one in our gang of 3 - really handsome, a professional classical dancer and a very practical guy. He is like Lord Sri Ram. A perfect son to his parents, he never does anything without thinking it through, doesn’t mess with other’s feelings and is the most trust worthy friend I ever had.

Meet Rohan

“Where the hell is Rohan?” I was waiting outside my house with my luggage. My train leaves in another half hour and he isn’t here yet to give me a ride to the station. I was considering calling up another friend to drop me, when I heard a noise from distance. It was the boom of Rohan’s car stereo. He pulled up in front of me and smiled just to piss me off more.

Before I could shout at him, he said, “Don’t worry, we will reach on time. If not, I will drop you off at the next stop (that is ~70 kms away).

The next 15 minutes are still a blur to me. He drove like a mad monkey; weaving in and out of heavy traffic at almost 120 kmph. When I opened my eyes, we had reached the station.

He took the luggage from the car and said “We still have 10 minutes left. Let’s go for a smoke”.

On the other hand, there is Rohan - Immature, Careless, Child-like, lies blatantly, and lives his life on the edge. Never rests for a minute. He messes with everyone and makes fun of them at the drop of a hat. He doesn’t give a shit about anyone, but would do anything for his loved ones, especially for his friends.

Meet Us

These two are my two best friends – since the past 11 years. And these are the only two I trust completely.

I met them when we were 12 years old. Both of them had just shifted to my class as a result of shuffling all students into different divisions.

The only thing that I won’t ever regret in life is my friendship with them.

Vijay and Rohan were inseparable. They were always together.

I soon became friends with Vijay. He was a member from our dance team.

Rohan was hard to crack. He always had a suspicious look on his face when he was around me.

Our friendship grew with our age. We three used to always hang out, do really crazy stuff, and always end up crashing together at Rohan’s place.

They both were really close and I was their plus one. But I enjoyed seeing them like that. I never envied what they had. Instead, I was proud of what we had.

“Da, I forgot to tell you. Me and Karthika, we are a couple now.” Vijay said in his usual tone.

I was pissed at him telling for taking 4 days to tell me this. I shouted at him for some time and then begged him for details. He explained everything, right from how he proposed to what they are planning for the future.

“So, what did Rohan say about all this?” I asked

“No da, I have not told him anything about this yet” He replied

I felt really awkard. They had drifted so far away from each other.

They used to share each and everything first, and then share it with me. But now, they act like they barely know each other.

I scolded him for not telling this to Rohan and hung up.

I called Rohan immediately after and told about this.

He showed no excitement and listened to it like it was a movie’s story.

“It’s good that he found someone rather than wasting time with every other female” He talked for some more time about some other girl and then hung up.

I have tried so many times to get just the three of us together. But most of the time, Rohan’s or Vijay’s other friends would be there. Or sometimes they find some excuses to cancel the meeting.

They have changed a lot. They don’t even care about each other anymore. This makes me sad.

I am the one who is suffering in between.

Nothing really happened between them for this drastic change. Time changed everything.

Now, they both have their own separate friends. They are actually happy with their lives.

They only see each other when I force them to. I regret the moments in which I might have envied their friendship.

But, I hope one day they will be the old Vijay and Rohan again.

Miss you both a lot...

Comments

  1. Good one bro.. :)
    Just a suggestion, i feel the ending was abrupt.

    keep on writing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you sis..thanks for the suggestion...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Whaddaya Think? Please Lemme Know ! ! ! :)

Popular Posts