My Super Ex-Girlfriend

Source: jprart.deviantart.com
Today 

Oh God! What have I done? How could I do this to her? What's wrong with me?

A thousand things were moving through my head for few minutes.

I was banging my head on the wall because of guilt, foolishness and the retarded nature of my decision. My life was good. I had a girlfriend who loves me so much and I destroyed it, the day I simply checked my email. And then it started.

Shit! My life is screwed. I destroyed everything. It’s my fault.


Two weeks ago

I woke up suddenly because of continuous calls from Divya

About Divya

Divya is my girlfriend. She is always so irritating. I know it’s the duty of a girlfriend to bug you always, but this was extreme.

I have to attend an interview today, and she really wants me to nail it because she got into a big ass company last month and feels awkward to have a jobless boyfriend.

I love her, but more than that, I was scared of her. She used to boss me around like her puppy and I used to obey her like one.

Our relation was going only because our parents, friends knew about it.

Now, back to the story…

The interview went well and I got the job as assistant analyst in a small company.

My life was kinda boring. Divya was at Delhi, so no head-eating cockroach.

No friends – Divya scared them away. And tat was like slow death.

Friday morning, something returned, and that was PRIYANKA

About Priyanka

PRIYANKA – My Super Ex-Girlfriend!

She was so different – a perfect blend of good and evil
We broke up 5 years back because of something, I actually don’t remember. She was my first real girlfriend. So I compare each and every gal with her.

I gave her 8 out of 10 and for Divya it was just a 7. Divya lost one point because of her hair. She has very long hair and I hate it.

The years where I and Priyanka were together were literally a rollercoaster ride.

I enjoyed each and every moment to the core.

Soon after our break up I was kinda dull and depressed. So I decided to start dating,and that is how I met Divya.

Each and every day I check Priyanka’s Facebook profile for no reason at all. See her new photos; check her comments, and most importantly her marital status. But it was always “Single” though I knew tat she was in a relationship. She actually asked me before she said yes to him, her nerve!

I saw her new guy’s photo through Facebook. Lean and dark. Really dark. He looked like he works at a construction site. But frankly, he doesn’t look that bad. I didn’t want her to find a guy better than me.

Yeah, I still have feelings for her. Sometimes, I even think that she will come back into my life and we live happily ever after.

One afternoon i decided to check my mail.

I opened my email. My eyes fell on a subject that said a simple “hi”
I opened it and I couldn’t believe myself. It was from Priyanka.

She was asking whether I blocked her from my Facebook and Gtalk. In fact I did block her when I came to know she was with someone else.

I quickly unblocked her from both Facebook and Gtalk and sent her a friend request. After one hour she accepted it and we started chatting after a gap of 5 long years.

It was magical. I was in dreamland. Every day I woke up with a big smile on my face and I was really happy for a change.

She hadn’t changed a bit. We discussed everything. She even told about her Ex-boyfriend. (They broke up! Again! :D)

From the very beginning she kept saying that she wanted to say something important to me. But I kept forgetting to ask her what it was.

The Break Up

I slowly started to forget about Divya, I rarely attended her calls. I started avoiding her giving excuses about a tough day at work.

One day she called me at night and asked about my drastic change in character. She sounded tensed and was complaining about my behavior.

I finally found the courage to tell her about Priyanka, and how we were chatting and having a great time. She was listening silently though I knew she was crying from the inside.

Finally I did it.

"Divya, I don’t think this relation is going on well. It is better we end this now. It’s not you! It’s me! I still love you, but I can’t hurt you anymore. Sorry De. Goodbye!"

I hung up even before she could reply. I know… I am such an arsehole.

I didn’t even think about family, friends when they find out about this.

Only one thing filled my mind, Priyanka!

Yesterday

Just before I logged out, she said that she wanted to tell me something important tomorrow.

I started to picture myself with her, in a wedding hall, surrounded by family, with a big smile on my face.

That night, I just couldn’t sleep. I was humming romantic Hindi songs. I was actually dancing around.

Today

As soon as my shift got over, I rushed home and logged into Gtalk.
She was there. My fingers were numb. I was waiting for the good news.

We started chatting and talked about usual stuffs, and then all of a sudden she wrote.

“Nikhil, I am not a virgin. Not anymore.”

I was staring at the monitor now. I read it again. I blinked. The lines were the same.

“What?” I replied with surprise

“Yes Nikhil, I really wanted to tell this to you first because u were my first boyfriend and now I consider you to be my best friend”

“Why are you telling me this?” I was still in a shock.

“Just like that… I thought you should know. So that’s all. Take care. Bubyee…”

She signed out.

I didn’t move for the next 10 minutes.

“Oh God, what have I done? How could I do this to Divya? What's wrong with me?”

I was banging my head on the wall because of guilt, foolishness and the retarded nature of my decision.

After a few minutes, I thought…

WAIT A SECOND! I DON’T HAVE TO CALL DIVYA OR BEAR WITH HER NONSENSE ANYMORE. AND WHY THE HELL AM I THINKING ABOUT PRIYANKA? SHE IS SUCH A BITCH, AFTERALL WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

And then realization struck…

SHIT! I AM SINGLE... I AM SINGLE... AT LAST, I AM SINGLE… AFTER 6 LONG YEARS…

I AM FREEEEEE.......

Comments

  1. Your writing is getting better as it goes... Likes this more than the previous two... Keep writing... All the best...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Whaddaya Think? Please Lemme Know ! ! ! :)

Popular Posts