Insincerely, Yours Truly!

www.flickr.com
Searching for the name “Priya” for more than 2 hours on Facebook, sure was depressing. “Oh God! How many Priyas are there in this world! And tat too Priya Menon.” I said to myself frustrated. 

By the way, I am Rosh – Tall, Dark and not handsome. Apart from hunting all the back papers in a degree in Electrical Engineering, my favorite pastime is in body building.

I am desperately looking for a gal, actually, a gal friend.


My best buddies Athul and Jay are committed; actually almost everyone around me is committed. Even the guy who tells lame jokes to girls all the time, Ganesh, has two girlfriends. How in hell did he get two and I didn't have one. Life is so unfair.

Even if I try to get a gal, first of all, I should have the guts to talk to her, which I don't. So here I am hopefully waiting.

From downstairs, I heard a voice, “Probably Athul’s arrogant mouth”, I told myself.

He came and tapped me on my head like I am his bitch. But he is my best friend, many a times he has saved me when froze in front of girls.

“So you got her? Your PRIYA MENON?” Athul asked in pity

“No, man. Where is Jay?” I asked mainly because they are always together. ALWAYS!

“He is with his "girlfriend" – went to meet her at music class. I must ask, why is he so scared of her” Athul looked puzzled

"I don't know man, he is always with her, and nowadays he has become so serious in life. Last week he was talking about taking a job, can you believe it? Jay?”

Athul sniggered

"Yay! I got her.” I screamed like I struck gold

“Oh, she is awesome man”, Athul looked into the Priya’s profile pic like it was evidence to a murder

"Send a friend request and wait for a day, she will accept it for sure.” Athul advised.

But she didn't. I waited for almost a week and no response from her.
College was is the craziest place ever. All the “couples” there drove me mad.

Every loser had a girl. “Why God? Why? Why me???”

After a few days, I noticed a girl, Tina, staring and even laughing at my lamest jokes.

Soon she started to call and message me at night.

We talked for almost 2-3 hours. Everyday! Mostly I called her. Soon we became friends and one day BOOM I am in a relationship. I don't know how that happened but I sure liked it.

Soon the morning sun looked beautiful to me, I don't feel sad and depressed all the time, I had become a love bird who flew all over the place with packets of love.

I started buying special surprise gifts for her birthday, I almost spend 2500 bucks for it, tat too with the money I saved for buying a Reebok cricket bat.

But it was totally ok with me; because I never buy gifts for anyone. So it's a special thing.

On the day before her birthday, I was at my closest friend's house. His sister's marriage and my gal’s birthday incidentally fell on the same day. So I took a bus from there and traveled 10 hours to be with my gal on her birthday.

I made a treasure hunt game for her at my home and called her. She picked up and it sounded like she was at a party or something.

“Happy birthday love, what time are you coming over? I have arranged quite a treat for you” I was so excited

“Oh, thank you Sweety, but I can't come. My friends are here and they have arranged a party for me. You are more than welcome to join us”.

My happiness vanished. Dead! “It's ok, dear. I will give you the gifts tomorrow at college”.
“Ok Sweety, bye” And she hung up abruptly

NEXT MORNING...

“Can you please pick me up from home to college, I am too lazy to get up early and travel by college bus” she asked me in a sweet little voice.

Although I had to drive 10 kms to reach her place, and then to college another 24, I said, “Yeah sure sweety, I will pick you up at 8.”

I had to take mom to her parents place at 8, granny was not keeping well. But its ok she can take an auto. And it’s my sweetheart’s request, how can I decline!

She insists on my hanging out with her friends, and completely ignores mine. Also she never allows me to hang out with my friends. I felt sad not being with my friends, but suppressed it all for her.
One night she called me and sounded really moody.

She didn't respond to my questions and hardly talked. I talked for more than an hour when she said, “My friend Amith, u know him, right?" like I remember all her friends.
“He called me last week and proposed, I don’t know Rosh, I kinda felt irritated hearing it”
“So what you gonna say to him? You are gonna stop hanging out with him, right? I asked rhetorically

All of a sudden she said, “Rosh I have to break up with you.”

“I really loved him since my school days, but he never took me seriously. Now, after so many years! Oh my God!”

I was stunned.

“I know that you will understand me, because you love me, right? We can still be friends” she asked me like a child.
I could not bear listening to the rest of words that came out of her mouth. Bullshit!
I cut the call and sat in my room for an hour straight.

“Tina broke up with me, call Rohit and be ready. I want to drink till I die” I screamed at Athul

“Dude what happened? Why did she dump you?” Athul was genuinely worried

“Will tell you in detail when we meet” I cut the call and punched the wall thrice and it really hurt. I immediately regretted doing that.

We reached the bar, and I ran into it and started drinking like Devdas.

I didn't know how much I drank, but the hatred and sadness were leveling down.

TWO HOURS LATER...

Jay and Athul were asking me all sorts of questions and I could only hear the mean and cruel dialogues Tina told me.

“Why Tina? Why? Why did you break up with me? I loved you and cared for you the most, why God is so unfair to me?”

I was literally crying out loud.

I pitied myself. And I was pretty high. And then something unexpected happened – I threw up in my new car. I puked all over the seats. Thank goodness Jay was driving.

Athul convinced my parents to allow me to crash at his place. I fell into the bed and slept like a baby.

NEXT MORNING...

I woke up hung over and feeling so depressed, sad.
They both were still asleep.

I opened Athul’s laptop and checked Tina’s Facebook profile. She already changed her status to “In a Relationship with Amith”

That killed me.

I deleted her from my account and sat there silently for a few minutes.

A red icon blinked on the screen. It's a notification!

I clicked it......

It said "PRIYA MENON ACCEPTED YOUR FRIENDS REQUEST"

Comments

Post a Comment

Whaddaya Think? Please Lemme Know ! ! ! :)

Popular Posts