Getting Over You... Again!

Source: www.glamquotes.com
Staring at the ceiling fan makes me want to throw up, but laziness suppressed it somehow... 

Hunger pangs strikes badly but spending money for that is not worth it. Phone was ringing for so long. Didnt feel like checking the call list even. My hand was searching for something and soon got hold of it. The power of cig is so effective; it gives us strength to survive even if you strave for days at a stretch.

Lit the cig with my favorite lighter. A birthday gift from my friend sarath, even though it was taken from his friend.


Took one drag and closed my eyes. Tranquility. 

Within seconds a name got struck in my mouth-Nitya....

Such a perfect name for a perfect girl,i thought with a smile on my face.
Everyone hated her for no reason,may be she is arrogant,selfish and egoistic person till date. Or is it because my family and friends just loved me so much. Anyways I loved her madly and from deep within I wanted her to be mine. I can still remember her face, her smile though she smile rarely.

Why did we break up? I dont know.

So tough to remember whats the reason behind our break up.

Its been 4 years that we broke up, but every details of her and my first ever love story comes to my mind like an Imax cinema.

"Is that Nithya in that bus" I spoke to myself and turned to Arjun, eating vada and bhaji so quickly tat he never eaten it before.

Arjun looked up after a marathon of vada+bhaji finishing competition. "Why are u not eating ur vada and why this puzzled look?"

"Ya, I think I just saw that girl whom I had a big crush on that bus wearing a blue uniform".
He got up and looked into the bus. But she was gone and he stared pointlessly somewhere else. "Hmm... Which gal? Ramya or Sherin?"

"No, not them, she was in my tuition class at Gireesh Sir's, I gotto go da. Please pay the cash ..."

"Today it's your turn, I dont have any!" Arjun took up his purse and looked at me in a very pleasing way.
She must be Nithya. I know her, though i haven't spoken to her once. Which school she must be in? Nirmala Bhavan or Holy Angels? She looks stunning in that dress. Where she lives? How am I gonna get her number? Does she has a boyfriend? So many things were running in my head.

I was walking for more than 15 minutes. What's happening to me?

Am I the one who walked?

Reached home in a dreamy stance and the first thing I did was to call Sam.

He is the only son to his parents, has lots of money and freedom enough for a 11th std student.

He took the phone with a husky voice


"What da? I was studying for tomorrow's test."
"Really? You? Am I talking to my friend Sam?
"No da. Just kidding. Was watching FTV in my room" Sam laughed for atleast 30 seconds.
I asked myself a thousand times, why he laughs for so long. Could he just stop for 2 secs?
"Anyways da, I saw Nithya today in a bus to MG Road."

"Hmmm... Which Nithya? Oh! The one whom you were behind when we were at Gireesh Sir's class?"

I got excited for no reason. "Ya da, the same girl, I think she might be in Nirmala Bhavan School. Do you know anyone from there?"


He remained silent for so long as if he is deriving some formula. "Lekshmi is there in your tuition class, right? She is from there. Ask her, she may know her"


"Oh... Ya Lekshmi!"

I cut the phone without notice, there is no need to be formal with him. How can I get her phone number? That was the only thought ruling me for days.

A knock on my door woke me up from the memories of my first love. Its already night and my room mate came back from office. Even though he is asking so many questions I couldn't listen to it cause of memories passing by.


I went out with my room mate and my cellphone rang...

It was a warm summer night when she first called to my house. The clock struck nine. Down at the patio Achan was with his friends cracking jokes and laughin...


Landphone rang, Achan picked up the call. I could hear him asking so many questions.

I am sweating, I cant feel my legs.


My mind says "It's her. You are gonna hear your gal's voice for the first time."

"Oh, u want Arjun? I heard Achan say with a loud chuckle. Sorry I got confused, my daughter also has a friend named nithya... Just a sec."

I went to take the extention phone.

"Hello" she says in a cute way.

My cellphone rang continously.

Amma shot with thousand questions since I didn't pick her calls for long.

Ya Amma, going to have dinner, ya Chechi had called, I will call u when I reach back... Bye... Tell achan too...

That was the first time we came too close to each other.

"Holding you close to me was the most beautiful thing that happened to me ever." I whispered to her ear.

"Oh, Is tat so?" she laughed teasingly.

I always loved her laugh and she always smelt like a small baby.

"So when are you coming again to Salem?" she asked me for a frank answer. I have travelled almost 300 kilometers just to be with her for a day.

"I don't think that's gonna happen for long. I almost spent 1000 Rs. for this trip, and anyways we can talk each and everyday, right!"

"O.K. I must leave, I should get into hostel before 6. When is your train back?"

"Two more hours for my train, can you stay for a little longer?"

"No". Her sudden and sharp answer

Sometimes I think, is she really in love with me? I couldn't figure it out anyway.

She waved at me from the bus like a child, I didn't want to leave her, I always wanted her to be with me, by my side.


A small drop of tear came from my eye. I didn't know why that's happening. I saw her going far away from me.

I didn't know that it's the last time we would be together.

Now she is dating a douche bag called Juno. Actually "Juno" is his dog. But calling him that, somehow gives me a strange unknown form of satisfaction.


Why the f**k did i leave her?

It's been 4 years and I couldn't get her out from my mind. I wont stop loving her, she is my first gal and she will be my last.

Comments

Popular Posts