The Longest Goodbye...

Chapter 1:
Nitya looked beautiful as always in her maroon sari with ornaments put orderly. The day has finally come after creating much drama, fights and heroic decision-our wedding.

The girl I loved and wanted to be mine is standing next to me, ready to be with me forever.

How lucky am I to get her. She is the perfect girl anyone can ever find.
Her simple smile could create a drastic change even when I am in the worst of moods.

"Wow! She is mine finally", I told myself.

Everyone we love and care for us is there with us on this special occasion.
My best friend, Midhun, came and hugged me tight and wished me a wonderful married life.

I held her hand firmly and whispered on her ear “I love you so much dear”. She smiled at me and kissed me on my cheek.

I woke up with a sudden shock. It was just a dream. The time was 5:00 in the morning and I was sweating all over. I couldn't breathe properly.

Today is her wedding. But I am not the groom. She is getting married to a well settled business man. I am going to lose my girl forever. I can’t even imagine someone else touching her.

After our break up we went our ways. I did my best to erase her from my mind, but couldn't do it.

We both met and talked about it on a Saturday evening after 3 years, I knew that she still loves me, but scared to admit it. She smiled and told me to forget her forever. I thought it was easy as that. But I was wrong. I did my best to make her mine. Fate had something else in mind.


Chapter 2:
Oh my god, why he is not coming home when its floods in Bangalore. From 2 hours I am trying to his cell phone, it’s not getting connected. I even called thrice to his home to get some details. Here, mom is calling me to have breakfast for more than an hour. How could she irritate me like this? His sister came home from Bangalore yesterday morning. What an irresponsible family! How could they allow him to stay there when the floods had hit so badly.


My phone is ringing. I came out from the other room and grabbed mobile from mom’s hand. Thank god, it’s him.

“Arjun, why didn’t you call me yesterday? I was worried about you. How could you do this to me? I hate you” I exploded without allowing him to speak.

“De, I love you so much and miss you like hell” He answered with a smile

Tears were coming out of my eyes. I love him so very much.

“Why you are not coming? I want to see you badly. I miss you too dear” I said

“If you wanna see me, just open your window and look outside” he told and cut the call.

I ran and opened the window. He is standing there waving at me with a smile.
I smiled and waved back at him. I never loved anyone this much.

I opened my eyes and saw mom sleeping next to me. I was crying throughout the dream.

Today is my marriage. Not with Arjun. I don’t know how this happened. He is not going to be mine. I know he will be devastated when I go far away from him. I wish to rewind everything and start from the beginning. I know it’s my fault too. I too loved him. But I was scared to take a chance with him once again. I really wish he comes for the wedding. I want to see him for the last time before I become someone else’s wife. I really wish he comes now and takes me with him. I wish that happens.


Chapter 3:
I thought for a thousand times whether to go for her wedding or not .I can’t bear seeing her with someone else .That would kill me. But I can only move on with my life by forgetting her. For that I should go. I put on the t shirt that I wore the last time we met. I left my home without telling anyone.

Reached the auditorium and found the place crowded with old people and relatives. I felt a little awkward but went through the crowd and reached near the mandapam. Her dad was welcoming the guests. He looked happy.

The wedding was just like I thought it would be. It was time for the bride to enter the hall. Audience was eagerly waiting to see the bride. I saw her sister coming in front. I closed my eyes that very moment. I just can’t see it. I walked out of the hall. I knew that she had entered the mandapam at this time.

I didn’t turn back. My mind wanted to see my gal for the last time. I started my car and drove.

Good bye Nitya.


Chapter 4:
All of my relatives, my mom, and friends were busy dressing themselves and giggling at the same time.

I was sad but put a fake smile for my parents. I am going to marry a guy whom I don’t know anything about. I am going far far away from Arjun. I was crying inside. But I can’t show it to anyone. Even to myself.


The time came for me to enter the mandapam. Everyone is looking at me with happiness. I looked at the big crowd. My eyes were searching for Arjun. I knew that he will not have the power to watch my marriage. But I searched for him. The moment is here. This is it. It’s all over.

Good bye Arjun.

Comments

  1. Beautiful narration of two hearts. Well written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. വേർപാടുകൾ.. മറക്കാതെ മറന്ന സങ്കടങ്ങൾ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Whaddaya Think? Please Lemme Know ! ! ! :)

Popular Posts